Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I change names to protect the uninformed. It's just not nice to talk about people with their real names when they don't know about it.

I write freely whatever I am thinking about on here. As such, it may be triggering for those with issues similar to my own. So please read with caution.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Cades Cove Part 1

So I decided to break my visit to Cades Cove on Sunday up into multiple posts.  Since it took me a few hours to fix up just two of the photos, I realized if I waited until I had them all ready then it would be next Sunday before I posted any.

One of the fun things about the drive to and in Cades Cove was that the butterflies were out in force.  I saw a bunch of Swallowtail butterflies while driving.  Unfortunately while stopped with my camera, there never seemed to be any around.  So the first two pictures were actually when I stopped after a black bear had run across the road in front of me.  I was hoping he would still be sight-able in the woods, but, all I saw were some deer.  And the photos of them did not turn out well enough to do anything with.

However on the way back to the car, I saw these flowers.


I then took a second picture of part of the same bunch of flowers from a different angle.  When I looked at it on the view finder, I didn't really think it turned out.  But I usually don't delete anything until I get onto the computer and look at it full size.  When I zoomed in one this one, I was quite pleased with what I found.


I truly was surprised when I viewed the photo at 100% and saw the butterfly.  I was hoping to get a nice crop with just one flower, but was more than pleased with the final view I found.

Well there will be more to come...up next some nice deer photos...

You know I accidentally have posted this on the private blog, but I don't really regret it as I made the commitment on this blog to go to Cades Cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment